M-RIC’s programme of work focuses on developing better treatments and tackling inequalities in mental healthcare.
Our research aims to:
- improve mental healthcare through new discovery science, clinical trials, service improvements and new technologies
- using data and health technology to improve access, treatment and monitoring for mental healthcare
- improving treatment for people with mood disorders
- use new apps, technology, and parent support services to help identify early mental health problems in children and young people
- find new uses for existing medicines that might provide new ways to treat psychosis
- use data and insights from across the NHS, social care, education, workplaces and more to better understand and treat mental health conditions.
More detail about our six key research areas which we call work packages can be viewed by clicking on the links below.
Our work packages
Developing better treatments and tackling inequalities in mental healthcare